Ceder Square Dance System BB Forum Index Ceder Square Dance System BB
Helping each other work with CSDS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Marker Tab"...Another use for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ceder Square Dance System BB Forum Index -> Music Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Gormley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: "Marker Tab"...Another use for it. Reply with quote

Primarily the "Marker" tab on the music player is used to set locations in the MP3 file for Introduction, Part A, Part B, Part C and Ending in a Round dance recording. One can then go to these places in the music to workshop the figure associated with it.

I just thought of a new idea. I set the location in a patter record where a Special phrasing of the music occurs. I tagged it as "Spl" for my marker name. This is a typical location where the music changes to perhaps a "drum solo" or a special cadence.

By marking the spot, I can then look at the progress bar and see when it is coming up as I am calling. I can then be ready for the "Grand Square" or whatever I want to do special.

For what other uses do you have for the "Marker" tab? Please share your uses.

Mike Gormley
Florida Keys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mike Gormley

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go a step further, I now use "Sp1, Sp2, Sp3, etc." instead of Spl (ell). I found I could not mark the second and third occurrences of the special places without a unique marker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mike Gormley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use a "#" or "##" symbol to indicate a key change in the music on the progress bar, so I can realize it is coming up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ceder Square Dance System BB Forum Index -> Music Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: