Calling Ideas for March 31, 2012
Dance Marathon DayThe first dance marathon in the United States was held in New York City in 1923. Alma Cummings set the first record by dancing 27 hours.
You could try a marathon tip...obviously not 27 hours, but maybe keep it going for 30 minutes or so.
See this page for info about a teen dancer square dance marathon that lasted for 18 hours.
Optimism MonthEncourage and inspire each other to be optimistic about the future of square dancing.
Here are some songs that come to mind:
- Zip-a-dee-do-dah (Chaparral 414)
- Joy to the World (Chaparral 515)
- Put on a Happy Face (DJ 24)
- Something Tells Me I'm Into Something Good (Solid Gold 503)
- Smile Medley (ESP 133)
- New Attitude (Rhythm 198)
- Hold On Partner (ESP 173)
- I Feel Lucky (Red Boot 3033)
- Pack Up Your Troubles (ESP 906)
- Blue Skies (Silver Sounds177)